Never-seen Every man wants it Delight in

The images are lost to the ages but the threads remain.
PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:06 am

Saltine wrote:But I guess it's all in the queer eye of the beholder.

caboosewasframed
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby caboosewasframed » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:10 am

PonderThis wins forumite of the year. For the next 5 years.

I'm still laughing at that picture.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:27 am

Immortal Goat wrote:Who'se Wes?

Wes was a guy who made a big fuss about a joke about Jehova's Witnesses that nobody thought was objectionable, and left shortly afterwards. He was a nice guy, and I respected him, but I completely disagreed with his stance on that matter.

But if you're saying that you just don't find gay jokes funny, that's fine. On the other hand, if you're saying that you find a pun that happens to incorporate homosexuality-related terminology offensive, I'm afraid I disagree with you.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:43 am

I suppose it doesn't matter at this point, but might I point out that the puns in question were all plays on words for transvestites, not homosexuals. The two words are not synonyms.

But enough serious discussion! Let's get back to praising me for my "queer eye of the beholder guy" cartoon! 8)

Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Devilot » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:45 am

PonderThis wrote:I suppose it doesn't matter at this point, but might I point out that the puns in question were all plays on words for transvestites, not homosexuals. The two words are not synonyms.

True, but everyone thinks they are. Speaking of which... what's the crazy misconception about transsexuals that everyone believes? I've never quite found that out, but they're a group it's considered okay to hate, so there must be one.

But enough serious discussion! Let's get back to praising me for my "queer eye of the beholder guy" cartoon! 8)

Quite. You, sir, win at life.
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

caboosewasframed
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby caboosewasframed » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:47 am

PonderThis wrote:But enough serious discussion! Let's get back to praising me for my "queer eye of the beholder guy" cartoon! 8)

If it was a true guest strip, it would be definitely one of my favorites.

Immortal Goat
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby Immortal Goat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:50 am

PonderThis wrote:I suppose it doesn't matter at this point, but might I point out that the puns in question were all plays on words for transvestites, not homosexuals. The two words are not synonyms.

Ah, see, I didn't get that part. Mostly because of the author's own mention of gays, and the fact that I have no clue who that anime chick/guy/thing is.

Congratulations! You win one of the Internets!

Devilot
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Devilot » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:52 am

Immortal Goat wrote:

Ah, see, I didn't get that part. Mostly because of the author's own mention of gays, and the fact that I have no clue who that anime chick/guy/thing is.

... That would be Tabasa (Tessa in the US) from the obscure RPG/Fighting game Warzard for the short-lived CPS3 arcade platform, and the slightly less obscure Pocket Fighter. Dunno much about her except that she's a witch-girl
kupo wrote:I love how we went from babies to food.
mez wrote:I hate you and I want you to die a horrible slow death at the hands of hairy jug-wielding midgets born on the 29th of February.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:55 am

James wrote:

Wes was a guy who made a big fuss about a joke about Jehova's Witnesses that nobody thought was objectionable, and left shortly afterwards. He was a nice guy, and I respected him, but I completely disagreed with his stance on that matter.
I still don't understand what his problem was. That was a frustrating discussion.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:01 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:
James wrote:

I still don't understand what his problem was. That was a frustrating discussion.
I've always been a bit confused about what offended him so much, myself.

The Comic That Mysteriously Offended Him
The Mysterious Farewell Thread

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:22 pm

I suppose people sometimes say "gay" when they mean "LGBT" or similar.

I'm pretty sure "queen" without the "drag" can refer to non-cross-dressing homosexual men, though. If so, Saltine pulled a triple entendre: bringing up the location, Queens; bringing up homosexual men; and an ungrammatical mention of cross-dressers. "Queens" vs. "queens" vs. "drag queens". HURRAH!

Saltine
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Saltine » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:23 pm

Ponder: THANK YOU for drawing that. It is FABULOUS!

James: THANK YOU for analyzing my plural entendre. Queens, queens, and drag queens. Oh my!

So, was this too subtle or too dumb:
I wrote:I agree that there should be more bein' funny and less bein' offensive.
--Saltine

Immortal Goat
WON THE LOTTERY

Postby Immortal Goat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:35 pm

Oh my god, I can't believe I missed that. :roll:

*cue that little cartoon noise that goes "wah-wah-waahhhhhhh"*

CheapAlert
Makes LOLCATS

Postby CheapAlert » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:43 pm

hey guys i've redone it

that's really curious george cosplaying

SERIOUSLY