BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Re: BLURT thread

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:08 am

fanelian wrote:I want to hit the road and get to San Francisco next year, and 2 years after that, Spain - I'd like to maybe extend that to Italy and France, but language and all that. I hope I still have a job by then.

Since I'm not doing much with my life, other than climbing the steep steps of corporate success ( :roll: ), I've decided I should travel.

I should also pick up French or Italian. Italian should be fairly easy...

Italian does look like it wouldn't be that difficult to learn; a lot of the words seem very similar to Spanish. Of course, I'm not done learning Spanish yet. :)
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 pm

I just had an extended conversation in Spanish with a man from Peru on Omegle. :] I'm so pleased with myself.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:46 pm

I always assumed it being next to Brasilia that Português would be the official language.

This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

Judas Maccabeus
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Judas Maccabeus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:54 pm

Someone, quick! Make a version of that picture with Cabinet Sanchez!
James wrote:While writing this post I've been gripped by a growing concern that it's nothing more than incredibly tedious navel-gazing. But hey, this is the Internet.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:12 pm

fanelian wrote:I want to hit the road and get to San Francisco next year

i am actually in the bay area now, you'd be coming to visit me! not sure about meeting up, my girlfriend is insanely jealous and not very social but maybe i could convince her that she can practice her spanish or something :P

also, this nutrition conversation is incredibly fascinating. my gf is an amateur nutritionist and it's nice to see that she's been doing some good research, as i see some things she attempts to do nutritionally repeated here. let me also say i have degrees in physics and computer science but good luck getting any of that knowledge out of my head since i barely use any of it since i've gradutated!
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Okay, so we seem to have got things down to a nice level now - we are going to be friends, who you know, fork each other.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Two things:

1) The inside of my watch's lens has become covered in what is at times like a sort of layer of condensation, but at others is just a reasonably well sized droplet of water. I have no idea how it got there. It doesn't especially inconvenience me, but it's mysterious and probably means it's time to get a new watch. It's not like it's actually been underwater, or been exposed to water to any extent other than being on my arm when I wash my hands. It's supposed to be a 5ATM watch. Strangely, its intermittent problems with the battery just stopping for extended periods of time and restarting have now disappeared.

2) I've got a sort of mini-pond/fountain in my back garden. This small pond has a bowl in it, with soil in the bottom so that plants may grow in the pond. I recently had to move them to do some stuff in the back garden and separated the two bits. It later transpired that we had a frog in the garden that was using the pond for whatever frogs use ponds for and it was hopping about the garden despondently, so the bowl was left near the place where the pond was, filled with water, for the frog's sake. The main pond filled up with rain water. I then observed a few days later that the big pond was filled with these little tiny black creatures that looked a bit like a nail shrunk to a really tiny size and which remained stationary for the most part. When they were inclined to move, they were almost like worms. I (stupidly) made the connection between the frog and the creatures and assumed that they were young tadpoles. The pond and bowl were both emptied of water and put back together, before being filled with fresh water. The pond is now full of these black creatures, in greater number than before, and I still don't have a clue what they are. They probably aren't harmful in any way, but it'd be nice to have some idea what they are.

Have you made it this far into the post? Well done, you've survived two crushingly dull points.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Mosquito larvae? I don't know, it's halfway through August. Maybe that's a good time to be a mosquito larva, I don't hang out with those guys any more.

I don't wear a watch.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm

MysticalDescent wrote:Have you made it this far into the post? Well done, you've survived two crushingly dull points.

I'm going to level with you here: I read point one then skipped to the end.
SIGNATURE: GONE

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Most likely MOSQUITOES. We got them in the cover for our pool all the time, as well as most things that collected rainwater and were not potted plants.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Oh crap, they actually look like that as well.

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:30 pm

MysticalDescent wrote:for the frog's sake

OH FOR FROG'S SAKE.
SIGNATURE: GONE

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:49 pm

MISHEARD LYRICS TIME

Until recently I thought that the chorus in a Fleetwood Mac song was just a bit of nonsense. Something sounding similar to "Ee-yaaah-wah". I got curious about it and looked it up. Turns out it's "Rhiannon" and the actual name of the song.

Today I was listening to Lennon's "#9 Dream" and got to thinking that the chorus in the middle sounded something like, "Ah, bummer karma, pussay, pussay". So I looked it up and it turns out to be just a bit of nonsense.

Whaddayano. :n/

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:47 pm

James wrote:
MysticalDescent wrote:for the frog's sake

OH FOR FROG'S SAKE.

BETTER WHEN YOU DIDN'T READ IT

That or that's something I should now say more often. I've found that I'm saying 'I jumped over the orphanage' an awful lot lately, as a response to a statement of grossly exaggerated ability.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:05 pm

MysticalDescent wrote:Oh crap, they actually look like that as well.

Depending on how big your pond is, you may want to get either a fine fish net to skim them off the top (they eventually start rising to the top to get oxygen), or fish who will eat mosquitoes. Or both.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 pm

My vote is for large amounts of harsh, earth-killing poisons.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

Null

Postby Null » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm

PonderThis wrote:MISHEARD LYRICS TIME

Until recently I thought that the chorus in a Fleetwood Mac song was just a bit of nonsense. Something sounding similar to "Ee-yaaah-wah". I got curious about it and looked it up. Turns out it's "Rhiannon" and the actual name of the song.

Today I was listening to Lennon's "#9 Dream" and got to thinking that the chorus in the middle sounded something like, "Ah, bummer karma, pussay, pussay". So I looked it up and it turns out to be just a bit of nonsense.

Whaddayano. :n/

I tend to like mondegreens better than the actual words. The Rolling Stones have some great ones: "I'll never leave your pizza burnin'," "Yugoslavia!" and "You can't all escape the chihuahua."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:58 pm

ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:55 pm

IanC wrote:Okay, so we seem to have got things down to a nice level now - we are going to be friends, who you know, fork each other.

Nice.

PonderThis wrote:MISHEARD LYRICS TIME

LOL It's the name of the song, too.
ON THE SUBJECT OF NOT ENOUGH THREADS:
I frequent another (WHAT) forum and the moderator deluxe chops bits out of existing threads and creates new ones, as most people are lazy and just tend to throw everything into one enormous thread which is painful for a number of reasons. This forces the creation of new conversations and often ends up with a better discussion and no interesting points being lost among the usual Hurr Durr.. I know it's more work that you probably don't want to do, but just a thought.

Null wrote:
Dusk wrote:Null, where are you?

Not quite sure how to answer that, but thanks for asking.

::turns around in all directions::
No worries.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

Null

Postby Null » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 am

Dusk wrote:::turns around in all directions::
No worries.

Turn around, turn around
There's a thing there that can be found
Turn around, turn around
It's a human skull on the ground
Human skull
On the ground
Turn around

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:33 am

loofah wrote:
MysticalDescent wrote:Oh crap, they actually look like that as well.

Depending on how big your pond is, you may want to get either a fine fish net to skim them off the top (they eventually start rising to the top to get oxygen), or fish who will eat mosquitoes. Or both.

I vote for getting some kind of fish. I know that there is actually a kind of fish you can get that is referred to as "mosquito fish" that eats mosquito larvae. It's possible that your city, county or region has an agricultural department that might actually give you some of those fish. Or do what I do and just buy some goldfish at a pet store. Mine grew a lot bigger than the ones I had in a fishbowl when I was a kid.

Or you could try something called BT. http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopestic ... 006476.htm
This may be way more science than you actually need (in fact, it makes my head spin), but for what it's worth. :)
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:03 am

Dusk wrote:::turns around in all directions::
No worries.

“Dreh' dich nicht um,
schau, schau, der Kommissar geht um!
Er wird dich anschau'n
und du weißt warum.
Die Lebenslust bringt dich um.”

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:44 am

Oh fork! Now the voices are speaking German!
*concentration face*
Nope, no idea what they want now.
*wanders away*
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 am

What, you don't remember Falco?

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 am

Sometimes I wonder if we should allow news headlines for subjects. Because every now and then I run across something that just calls out for the Spamusement Treatment. I can totally see in my head the cartoon for Cops: Man plotted gas attack on anti-pope crowd ...

Return to “None of the Above”