BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Re: BLURT thread

Postby chrismachine » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Binkatron5000 wrote:Today a car in front of me had bumper stickers saying "You DO have a choice friend! And his name is JESUS!" and it had a stupid no homo logo emblazoned on it. There was another with the logo and a bunch of bible verses. And then, I saw the drivers arm, which had a full sleeve tattoo. LET'S PICK AND CHOOSE THE VERSES WE WANT TO FOLLOW AND DISREGARD THE REST!

Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:45 pm

So this morning I use up the last roll of toilet paper. No biggie I'll get some tonight I think to myself. And so after work I run by the grocery store and amongst other things pick up a big old jumbo package of toilet paper. Then I get home and I think man I don't feel like putting this up so for now I'll just sit it down right here ... next to that other giant jumbo package of toilet paper.

:?

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Did that thing I talked about. Don't feel anything.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:40 am

If you're in the middle of nowhere you might not be getting the strongest substances available. Go to Manchester for weed with a kick to it! It is the opposite of a kick.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:32 am

My friend told me it wasn't very good stuff, but I stubbornly wanted to try it now as opposed to in the future when he will get better stuff. Also, apparently I don't know how to smoke something, because I burned my thumb with the lighter. Oh, comical mishaps! He got high, though, so I was jealous as we sat looking at my laptop with him giggling at everything.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 am

Try listening to some Firesign Theatre next time. I suggest Everything You Know Is Wrong, although I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus would also be a good starter.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 pm

I spoke to my girlfriend on the phone!! Can not wait till tomorrow :D
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:09 am

Where is my mind?

Where iiiiiiis my mind?

Clueless
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Clueless » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 am

Renovating a treasure chest is harder than it sounds.
quetzalcoatlus wrote:I love how pleased the star is with it's copious armpit hair. That is a sentence I never thought I would find myself typing.

:D :wink:

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:04 am

jvcc wrote:Where is my mind?

Where iiiiiiis my mind?

Minds are overrated. Blea bluh be bo blooo blay bluh blah.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:00 am

You can all rickin'-frackin' laugh at me. Go on, I know you want to.

Me, the guy the universe is always going to fork over. 25. No job. Never been in a relationship. Fucked up university. And now, the nearest thing I have ever had to a girlfriend.... Isn't one. She realised we were going too fast. She has daemons to get through, and doesn't want to string me along. I can understand that. But deep down? It just feels like a mighty big "fork you" from the universe.

*sigh*
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Hey, everyone has difficulties, so buck up.
Last edited by jvcc on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 pm

One thing that is difficult to see, as an individual (and especially when you're younger), is how all the things that are going on around you don't actually have much to do with you. You might be able to influence them in some small way, but most things (the workplace, the economy, other people) are very complicated, receiving inputs from so many different sources. Hopefully you'll learn, as you get older, not to take it too personally when something doesn't go your way.
Well, that wasn't very eloquent, but hopefully you get the point.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:50 pm

...... what? :?

fork it, im going to see a hooker next week. Its the only human contact im apparently allowed.
My Spamusements!

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Have fun.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:43 am

Just curious, why did you remove the other part of your post?

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:47 am

Ahhhh, I never know how much to share on this site. I'm much more open on this site than I am with most people in real life since it can function as a sort of journal, but my instinct is always to keep matters private. I'm not particularly proud of what I did, even though it will eventually serve as an excellent anecdote because of how tremendously awful the whole thing was.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:41 am

jvcc wrote:Did that thing I talked about. Don't feel anything.

When I first smoked I didn't know how to inhale properly. It sounds like a simple thing, but up to that point my body was trained to NOT inhale smoke.

Where iiiiiiis my mind?

Oh, I guess you figured it out. I am interested to know what you think about the experience.

IanC wrote:You can all rickin'-frackin' laugh at me. Go on, I know you want to.

I don't think we are that mean. I'd give advice but I am notoriously terrible with women myself, as I tend to treat them as rational human beings instead of the crazy people that they are. Except the women here, OBVIOUSLY.

jvcc wrote:I'm not particularly proud of what I did, even though it will eventually serve as an excellent anecdote because of how tremendously awful the whole thing was.
Now I am curious.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:06 pm

IanC wrote:...... what? :?

fork it, im going to see a hooker next week. Its the only human contact im apparently allowed.

i was going to comment on your facebook image something to the effect of "Fastest relationship. ever" but now it seems like a malicious thing to do. so i will offer the same advice i gave some time ago that i can't be bothered to find in the archives of this site: if you are looking for a serious relationship with another person, you will need to learn to care about yourself first. once you have confidence in yourself you will be surprised at the people who will come looking for you instead of the other way around.

also, i will add this: if you define your happiness in terms of being in a relationship with someone, you are going to be destined for many more years of disappointments and sadness. i went through a lot of the same things i see you posting here and it took a lot of effort on my part to stop the cycle and learn that people are just people, and as long as i cared about what other people thought of me i was always letting myself down. i can't give you any real advice on how best to get out of your cycle, but until you do you will keep having these same events play themselves out over and over again.
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:07 pm

the first time does not always work. try again, please :)
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:54 pm

sum yun gai wrote:learn that people are just people.

Eviljekyll elsewhere wrote:To summarise, people will always be people.

I don't pretend to be a fount of knowledge or a good source of advice, but here are some things that may be helpful to keep in mind. In no particular order.

1) Never be ashamed of your interests, they're part of who you are. They're part of what will help you relate to other people and part of what will make you interesting. Some exceptions: murder, pedophilia, etc.

2) It's okay, and even great to have opinions, that doesn't mean you have to keep them to yourself, it just means that you have to be considerate of others by not trying to force those opinions on them. Some of the best things you can do is to take others' opinions into consideration for a multitude of reasons, such as:

a) gaining perspective that will actually help you understand others at another point of time
b) with respect to art/media, actually trying/listening/watching those activities/musics/media might actually give you something that you will enjoy for a long time. If you don't like it, you can at least say you've tried and now have a base for your opinion against it. (eg. I tried listening to band x, but I just couldn't get into them. I'm sorry I can't share in your enjoyment of them.)
c) see b) for foods/drinks/restaurants as well
d) give you different ways to think about things that may help you problem-solve

3) You are more attractive than you think you are. The majority of people also think they are not that attractive, unless they've come to realise they're not unattractive, or are ego-centered. Find something you like about yourself, and focus on it. This will help improve your mood.

4) If you don't like something about yourself, you can change it.

a) Too inactive? Go for a walk. Take pictures. Enjoy your hobby, or find ways to expand upon your interests. Being by yourself and doing nothing for an extended period of time will more often make your more depressed and not want to do anything else.
b) Want to become more fit? Do something that you enjoy that also is a physical activity, even if it's small. Join a friend for a game of football.
c) If you're terrible at something, and you want to do it or like it, keep trying.

1c) Anything you do will require a certain amount of practise. The things you do well now you got good at doing because you either enjoyed them and didn't realise how long it took, or had to do.
2c) just doing the activity is worth it if you enjoy it.
3c) You can only really get better at something if you keep trying.
4c) The most enjoyable thing is becoming good at something you were once terrible at.
5c) Challenges are what make life interesting. It's boring if you can just put no effort into something, since the reward is much less.
6c) You will learn a lot from the experience if you are interested in it. Your failures will give you insights into how to do things better.

5) EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES
a) Don't get hung up on it. Learn from it.
b) Bear in mind that others will also most likely feel bad about making a mistake. It's better off helping them feel better about it rather than making a joke that may be taken poorly or aggravate their feelings over the mistake.
c) Don't blatantly point out others mistakes unless you can do so with consideration to their feelings, as they are also people.
d) If someone critiques your work, thank them. It will only help you become better.

6) Treat people like people. You have feelings, they have feelings. If someone does something for you, thank them, even if they're the server giving you water. It's not easy to go through a whole day of doing something and have no one say anything to you, by saying hello, thank you, or being generally pleasant can go a long way in making them and you feel better. Also keep in mind that humans are social creatures, and that you or others need some sort of social interaction, try not to neglect that throughout the week.

Thanks to Ian who indirectly prompted me to write a second essay in this thread.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:54 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:

When I first smoked I didn't know how to inhale properly. It sounds like a simple thing, but up to that point my body was trained to NOT inhale smoke.

That is essentially how things went for me.

giantsfan97 wrote:
Where iiiiiiis my mind?

Oh, I guess you figured it out. I am interested to know what you think about the experience.

No, I haven't yet. Those song lyrics keep running through my head lately, and relate to the possibly inadvisable decisions I've been making.

giantsfan97 wrote:
jvcc wrote:I'm not particularly proud of what I did, even though it will eventually serve as an excellent anecdote because of how tremendously awful the whole thing was.
Now I am curious.

I don't know. I guess Chrism read it because he noticed it had been taken down. Chrism, does it seem like the sort of thing that reflects poorly on my personality, or at least my judgment?

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:51 pm

The hooker comment was a joke.

I don't know really. Anyone know how long it tkaes for it to stop hurting?

*sigh* I still love her too. I know deep down she still really likes me. I guess I should just wait and see....
My Spamusements!

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 pm

jvcc wrote:I don't know. I guess Chrism read it because he noticed it had been taken down. Chrism, does it seem like the sort of thing that reflects poorly on my personality, or at least my judgment?

It was definitely interesting and a different view of you, but I mean it's something that you actively chose to do and undertook with a purpose, and it doesn't break any rules nor is it monocle-dropping in scale. Really it's up to you; I don't feel any differently about your character or anything for knowing.

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Welcome to the forest, we're the Knights of Ni
You got everything we need, except a couple of shrubberies
We are the keepers of the words "Ni" "Ping" and "Nu-wom"
If you got the herring, we have got the trees

In the forest, welcome to the forest
We are the Knights of N-N-N-N-N-N-Ni, Ni, Ni
I wanna watch you scream!
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

Return to “None of the Above”