BLURT thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Re: BLURT thread

Postby Skimba » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 pm

What they said. Wishes.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Oh, Ian, I'm so sorry. Do they know what kind of leukemia it is? Apparently the prognosis can vary quite a lot depending on the type.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:57 pm

She has been transferred to another hospital. They rung up a couple of hours ago to essentially say that its not looking good.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Ian.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm sorry, Ian. I will keep your mom in my prayers.
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

sum yun gai
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby sum yun gai » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 pm

so sorry to hear about this, ian... :(
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

I went to see mum today. She didn't look anything like the mum I know. She looked peaceful though, which is the best thing.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Yikes Ian, that's really sad. All my best to you and your mom, and I am glad she at least looked peaceful.
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Awful news. I wish her the best.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

Null

Postby Null » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Sorry to hear that, Ian. If I my hijack this thread for a moment...

There is nothing wrong with your Blurt thread. Do not attempt to adjust the posting settings. We are controlling postings. We can turn the focus to sharp, relevant thoughts, or change the focus to blurry stories about cats. For the next entry, please sit quietly and we will control all that you read. You are about to participate in a great experiment. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to The Outer Limits.

So, several days ago, the Ex told me she didn't love me anymore. Fair enough, and not unexpected. I think I even BLURT'd that here. However. She wanted to come by tonight, because she just happened to be nearby. Despite my better judgment, I say okay and she drives up, bringing a bottle of champagne. Just happened to buy it earlier in the day. I ask if she'd like to share said bottle, and she does. And we had a good time together, as always, and I confirm (to myself) that I want and need her, and worst of all, love her madly. Though I say nothing of this. She met Leela and Leela seemed to like her. She goes back to her house.

And I'm left not knowing where I am. I mean, it sure sounds like she still wants me (sorry for the scary image) and loves me, but humans are a weird lot who seldom openly say what they truly want or truly need, though what they DO speaks volumes. As Lou Reed once said, "Women never really blush, and villains always blink their eyes."

To paraphrase the Insane Clown Posse (and I don't imagine those words have been typed very often), "Farking humans--how do they work?"

Any ladies who have done the same, let me know what your ultimate goal was and perhaps I can cut to the chase, so to speak.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Pretty sure Lily Allen wrote a song about that, actually. I have no direct experience, but my logical brain tells me you love her far more than she loves you, because if she loved you that way she would recognize how you must feel right now (which she still may but might not have been considering at the time, another sign she doesn't have feelings that are as strong or it would not have been able to leave her mind) and would not have done that to you. Even if she does want to get back with you, I see no way it can be on level pegging, with her needing you in the way you talk about needing her, or loving you on par. Again, I don't know you personally or her at all, so take that for what it's worth. Sorry man :(

Also, I don't think I've conveyed my sympathies to you either, Ian, so let me say I was saddened to read that and I hope you find comfort and peace through those who support and love you.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 pm

I have NEVER done this to someone. I'd have found myself not liking myself very much if I had. Having said that - I've done a little thinking on the situation, with no definitive answers, just theories.
This sounds very movie-ish. "I was in the neighborhood, so I stopped by..."

1. She's selfish and wanted to check up on you:
to see how you were holding up
to see if you missed her
torture for it's own sake?
2. She still does have feelings and does not know how to work them out, so this was an experiment.

As much as it may pain you, in my opinion, I think it might be best to see if it happens again, and if it does, call her out on it. Ask her what's going on. I'd rather know and be hurt, than left in limbo. Also, maybe she really needs to talk it out too and just does not know how to go about it.

k,lkmv b - that's encouragement/sympathy from MorganFay.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah, I've never done that either. Seems like a dick move, to me.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

It sounds very much like she's being a bitch. Like she wants you to want her but doesn't really want to have to do anything about it, leeching your confidence and later secreting it to line her hive and nourish her larvae. Bear in mind that I am aware of nobody less successful with the ladies than myself, so uh don't listen too hard to anything I have to say on the matter.

In any case, you're a fellow of skills and smarts, and the owner of a useful gas mask and violin set. I'm sure I don't have anything useful to say about how should I interpret the way she is acting, but there's nothing good in dragging things out and stewing over it. So, uh, brazenly ask if she's thinking about getting back together I guess? If not, it sounds like you'd really be best off not hearing from her, if so excellent. Not that either of those answers would ever ever be given, but if she's ambiguous it's probably more 'no, but I miss the attention'.

Null

Postby Null » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 pm

I think I should have made clear that she's always been pretty nice to me (aside from one memorable occasion). Even the break=up was done with sympathy and a bit of regret.

Thank you all for your suggestions and well-wishes.

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 am

Well, given the turbulence it's caused, this was not done with sympathy... I guess we'll see about regret.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:27 am

She may have wanted to see how you were doing.

Breaking up is never easy, on either side, although it's obviously worse for the one who keeps on loving afterwards. At the very least the person doing the breaking will miss the other - when you break up with someone you're losing a friend, after all. It requires some self-restraint to avoid doing the aforementioned "Checking out to see how you're doing".

I'm projecting myself, I guess, but I can only talk from my limited experience.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 am

I don't recall ever making that kind of a move towards someone that I had broken up with (I think that's something I might have done when I was the one who had been dumped). Probably the worst thing I ever did in a relationship was to stay in it long past the time when I knew I had stopped loving the guy, but he was a nice person and I didn't know how to break it off without hurting him. I'm really not sure why she would be so friendly towards you (champagne and all) when she wasn't in love with you anymore, other than "old time's sake" or something.

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 pm

I was in such a good mood today. I hate receiving sad news on the few days I feel just fine.

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:55 am

All the best for your mother, Ian. I hope things improve for you all.

Null, I would buy you many beers and tell you to save your sanity and don't try to apply logic. There are so many variables and possibilities, but because neither of you actually say what needs to be said, it never gets sorted out. So, you can guess or confront her. This will happen between males and females until the end of time.. or until we create sufficiently sexy robots.
I have been in very similar situations and, after much deliberation, I came up with a few plausible motives:
1) She's confused but can't let go and wonders why.. then thinks she should get to the bottom of those feelings and tries something which just creates more questions for both of you. Well meaning but misguided.
2) Some women just like to remain close friends with their exes. I know. It's stupid. But what can we do about it?
3) She makes an attempt to "re-connect" but wants you to make the decisive move. She drops all her best hints like cocking her head and playing with her hair and wearing that dress you like, but for some reason you just don't pick up on these obvious signals she's blasting you with. Go back over the whole night again. Was there some obvious hint that you missed? Like when she laughed too loudly at your stupid joke and touched your thigh for a little too long.. Or that time she asked you if you love her with her eyes, but you thought she was staring at a nose hair and just got really self-conscious..

These are all plausible. But the fact is: you don't know and that's because men and women cannot communicate with each other effectively.
So, you have to be all male and simple and ask her in a really forthright manner so that she can lie and leave you with more doubts and questions.
At this point, you may want to consider men. I have and I'm not interested because I love women too much with all their confusing enchantments and curvy bits.
You may too. In that case, you are doomed. Doomed, I say.
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 am

Hahahaha...yes. I shall update my response to DOOMED! 8)

James
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby James » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Dusk wrote:sufficiently sexy robots

BAND NAME.
SIGNATURE: GONE

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 am

Itchy dog. He's had a flea treatment, but he's still scratching. :(

Binkatron5000
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby Binkatron5000 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

RAIN. AGAIN. OMG. Heavy rain all day on an already saturated city. My friend's home flooded a bit, and I am worried because I live in a basement known for leaking in the past... but so far it's held out at least!!! The lower-altitude areas of the city are inaccessible, cars disappear under the water. So annoying. Oh and the basements of various buildings at my university also flooded, so they had to shut off the water, evacuate some areas, and shut down all the food joints. TAKE THAT, people living on residence! No food or plumbing for you! Suckers! We all just want summer. Some dry hot weather plx.

At least I got to experience some summer weather in Toronto :D
James wrote:I honestly have no idea whether I'm more fruity or plural.

ntw3001 wrote:Is the tattoooed black sperm squirming out of my mouth, or am I sensually nibbling its tail? I don't remember my 21st birthday party.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:45 am

And the state of Texas is in severe drought. Let's build a giant pipeline!!

Return to “None of the Above”