Hey, What About Those [Your Favorite Team]!

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Re: Hey, What About Those [Your Favorite Team]!

Postby Skimba » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm waiting for what he's going to threaten for the Super Bow(e)l.

Edited for a weird, randome, e.
Last edited by Skimba on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

MysticalDescent
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby MysticalDescent » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 am

Skimba wrote:I'm waiting fore what he's going to threaten for the Super Bow(e)l.

Well surely the plausible acts of suicide have got to get more extreme but remain plausible for every game in the unbeaten run, so I'd be fascinated to see where this will be at in 5 years' time.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 am

omg omg omg omg uncle-raping superbowl

Dusk wrote:What's all the hate on Alex Smith? I don't understand.
He had a pretty bad game, but frankly he had a great season. Smith is a former #1 pick in the college draft, so he had very high expectations coming into the league. He has not even come close to those expectations (an argument could be made that this wasn't entirely his fault) until this year.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

the way the last two games played out for the giants, and the afc championship game, i am starting to wonder if this rematch wasn't pre-ordained. yeah, i know the nfl is one of the few sports left that has never been accused of match fixing but the last two ravens plays are very suspect to me (dropped pass in the end zone that would have won the game, totally muffed field goal from a very reliable kicker to try for OT). it's the kind of things that players who have fixed games have admitted to in the past but i'm pretty sure we will never know the answer to this question.

also, i'm still having a hard time with the fact that the packers receivers could put up 480 yards of passing WITH A BACKUP QUARTERBACK and yet two weeks later it's like they have flipper hands or something. does not make sense.

sorry gf, i know they're your team and all but from my own perspective this is quite possibly the worst possible super bowl matchup that could have come out of the post season. i should have trademarked "the rematch" a couple weeks ago when the packers couldn't figure out how to hold onto a football, that way the NFL could pay me to promote this game...
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 pm

It appears that American football is being more heavily discussed than basketball in this forum, but this is still amusing:
It's LeBron's look of disappointment that I enjoy the most.
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 am

I strongly dislike LeBron.

I HAVE DECIDED that if the Giants lose the Super Bowl, I am going to...... go out and find the girl of my dreams. I am going to win her heart and marry her, start a family, and be the happiest I have ever been. Only this loss will gnaw at me. Slowly at first, but more and more over time until I am no longer the man I once was. I will discover that the child I have had with my wife is not mine. she never loved me at all. The walls of my world will come crashing down until one day I wake up having murdered everyone dear to me. The terrible terrible memories of my brutal acts shall flood back and I shall be living in my own personal hell because I realize that I am in a straight jacket and am now unable to kill myself and end it all. God dang you Tom Brady.
I love this post so much I'm going to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Translation: 'If The Giants lose the Superbowl, I won't kill myself'. That's like giving them the go-ahead. Lose away, fellas!

Dusk
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby Dusk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 am

giantsfan97 wrote:God dang you Tom Brady.

Man, you need to find him and MAIM him. MAIM HIM GOOD.
For the Giants.

PUPPY BOWL! I'll be watching.. probably from work :/
EvilJekyll wrote:To summarise, people will always people.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 am

SUPERBOWLSUPERBOWLSUPERBOWLOHMYGODTHEHYPEITSONTVEVERYWHERE Still it should be fun. Getting together with friends and some folks I haven't seen since last year's superbowl party.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 am

giantsfan97 wrote:omg omg omg omg uncle-raping superbowl

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! 8)

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Oh i see. I can't dare hate this decidedly unpleasant sport of yours? You like it that much, do you?

Ameircan Football is poopcakes. PERIOD.
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 pm

I gotta admit that was a bit of a fun game. Of course, a large part of why it was fun to me is I really had no vested interest one way or the other. Pats, Giants, whatever. ;)

It really was close all the way. I kept thinking the Pats were about to turn up the heat but they never did. I swear Coughlin has got the evil eye on Belichick or something. And the last few minutes were rickin'-frackin' EPIC. I loved that last Giants' score! The guy with the ball obviously realizes at the last moment he should probably put an effort into wasting more time -- the more time he can waste the less time the Pats have to try to come back. But of course two things are working against him: (1) Momentum. He could twist and turn all he wanted but he was going to go over the goal line no matter what. And (2) Points are points man! You really should not play cutesy games trying to waste clock time when you've got a score RIGHT THERE. Fortunately point (1) made point (2) superfluous. And in the end the Pats just couldn't come back. Brady threw some outstanding passes to get down the field but simply ran out of time.

GF has got to be a happy guy today!! :)

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 pm

IanC wrote:Oh i see. I can't dare hate this decidedly unpleasant sport of yours? You like it that much, do you?

Yeah I think I'll give you a time out for a few days.

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:21 pm

I did mean to watch it, but it was on a bit too late for me. I'm glad that Geoff's mob won, anyway.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:21 pm

PonderThis wrote:I gotta admit that was a bit of a fun game. Of course, a large part of why it was fun to me is I really had no vested interest one way or the other. Pats, Giants, whatever. ;)

I was doing taxes for a couple friends of mine for the first half and through the half-time thing, looking up occasionally. The third quarter I sat at the bar and watched, then went home, watched the Puppy Bowl, turned back to the game and it was over. I really was surprised that the Giants came back, but as Ponder said, having no vested interest in either team made me go "Well, good for them."
Then I turned back to the Puppy Bowl for the remainder of the night.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 pm

I was going to watch it, but didn't. Just thought you'd all like to know.

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

ntw3001 wrote:I was going to watch it, but didn't. Just thought you'd all like to know.

Well you're in Canada now. You've got the Grey Cup. Which, interestingly enough, has a considerably longer history behind it than the Super Bowl.

giantsfan97
Is a Hero in Bed

Postby giantsfan97 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:35 pm

IanC wrote:Oh i see. I can't dare hate this decidedly unpleasant sport of yours? You like it that much, do you?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you've stated it several times already. I honestly don't know why you keep bringing it up except to troll.

PonderThis wrote:duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! 8)

THIS IS MOAR LIKE IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOHOOO

This game was agonizing for me. The last time around, the Giants were supposed to lose by a lot, so really they couldn't lose at all. This time, I had all my Patriot loving friends talking all kinds of poopcakes about revenge, and then the Giants SHOVED IT UP THEIR ASSES. God I love it. It was made all the more special by a few spamusers who posted on my facebook wall afterwards. THEY DO CARE

In regards to that final touchdown, I was SO pissed at Bradshaw for a while. The game was essentially over! If the Giants kneel twice and kick the FG, the Patriots would get the ball with 24 seconds and no timeouts. Obviously, all is forgiven now. I took Monday off from work just so I could sit around and enjoy soaking in all the media attention. It was glorious. GLORIOUS.

Low-Tech
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Low-Tech » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Big football stink in this area is that the Steelers fired their old OC and hired a new one ... it's funny to listen to the really hopelessly over-devoted fans call into sports radio programs and moan like their best friend just got fried from his job.... or complaining how badly the playcalling stunk and how we should've won the Super Bowl instead? Isn't it amazing how the least athletic guys in the world who probably break into a sweat just shifting positions in their recliners whinge the most over the performance of pro athletes?

Sooooo, anyone for hockey?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him eat a salami sandwich.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled CIA intra-cranial broadcasts

chrismachine
Impresses the Females

Postby chrismachine » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Yeah I'm all over the hockey. Specifically, my team, which was projected 15th (dead last) in the East at the start of the season just went from 4th place before a 7-game losing streak ( in which they are now mired) down to 8th, the last playoff spot with a team just 2 points back. Quite the ride, this year has been so far.
Veepa wrote:Very wise words, Master Tiny Legs.

ntw3001
Group Captain

Postby ntw3001 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 pm

giantsfan97 wrote:the Giants SHOVED IT UP THEIR ASSES.

It is even worse because they are giants. I've made this joke before, but I love it. And it allso reminded me of a headline I saw a while ago:

Someone pacify that giant!

Low-Tech
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Low-Tech » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:41 am

chrismachine wrote:Yeah I'm all over the hockey. Specifically, my team, which was projected 15th (dead last) in the East at the start of the season just went from 4th place before a 7-game losing streak ( in which they are now mired) down to 8th, the last playoff spot with a team just 2 points back. Quite the ride, this year has been so far.

Kinda like last year when the Pirates briefly held the lead in the NL Central before a 4th place finish when everyone and his dog had confidently inked them in to a last place finish. The Penguins had a rollercoaster ride January, lost 6 straight and fell to outside the playoffs, and then ripped off 8 straight wins to get back to 4th.

I still haven't gotten used to seeing Winnipeg back on the score sheet, makes me think of 1991 when I first started following pro hockey and Super Mario was still lacing them up. :D

MysticalDescent

Postby MysticalDescent » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:46 pm

ntw3001 wrote:
giantsfan97 wrote:the Giants SHOVED IT UP THEIR ASSES.

It is even worse because they are giants. I've made this joke before, but I love it. And it allso reminded me of a headline I saw a while ago:

Someone pacify that giant!

I imagine that as a line for a Clueless drawing.

sum yun gai

Postby sum yun gai » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 am

i watched the second half because i couldn't be bothered to care about this matchup enough to watch the whole game. manningham's catch was not quite as spectacular as tyree's catch from the other one, but otherwise this game pretty much happened the same as the last one. and both teams got to the game almost the same way with the giants having to win on the road (and against the packers AGAIN DAMMIT) and the patriots cheating to the top. at least this time the patriots waited to cheat until the post season instead of during the first game of the regular season.

also also, i don't want to take away the thunder from the giants, but the fact that the guy who cost his team the chance to win (gronkowski) was partying it up and celebrating as though he actually won the game makes me severely suspicious of that dropped ball at the end. either he's a good on-field actor or he's a good off-field actor, i'm pretty sure he should not be quite so joyous at having blown his team's chance for victory.
ntw3001 wrote:Sass has to come from the heart, not from the shirt.

traubster wrote:I find it irritating whenever I walk through a cemetery and there's not one gravestone that reads something like, "We're all grateful that he's dead. Sorry if he owed you money."

Low-Tech
REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION

Postby Low-Tech » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:33 pm

I won't criticize the guy for going to a party and , *gasp* having a good time for himself. So they didn't win, big deal (yes, the SB is a big deal, but, 30 other teams didn't even make it, are they supposed to not go to any parties either?) It seems that some sports fans think that if you blow it in a big game, the only proper response is to go hole up in a Siberian cave and cry into your rock pillow for the next 5 months straight....

Return to “None of the Above”