A whine and complain thread

If you don't know where it belongs, it belongs here.
fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Re: A whine and complain thread

Postby fanelian » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Can we stop now and resume in like three months and be more straight forward then?

Thanks.
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

IanC
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby IanC » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Dental dam.... lisa needs braces

:P
My Spamusements!
draculahunter wrote:Needs more vomiting skeletons.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:04 am

I sent a check in the mail to a friend who lives in Canada (she said a personal check would be ok). I mailed it in California on August 13 and she still hasn't received it. :(
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

Zombie Protestor
Pays Too Much For Car Insurance

Postby Zombie Protestor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:17 am

So when we went on our annual family reunion trip this past weekend, we found out that just after the reunion last year, my grandfather felt like he wanted to help us after hearing about our unemployment, so he started sending us $200 in cash on the 1st and 15th of every month. Problem is, he had our address wrong in his address book, which means the people at 211 rather than us at 511 E 20th have gotten $4000 now.

We've since talked to the police here, and a detective is going to see what he can get the family to admit to by speaking to them all separately in addition to his other sources, but since it was cash it looks doubtful. It's not the money we feel too bad about, it's the consideration that my grandpa must have thought we were pretty inconsiderate people for not thanking him.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:57 am

OH wow, ZP...that sucks all around.
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

My K35E ASUS laptop froze earlier today, so I turned it off by holding down the power button, and when I turned it back on it said something about Windows not having closed properly I could choose between starting my computer normally or checking to see if the problem could be fixed. I've done both and my computer won't boot up. It will say "Windows loading" but never actually takes me to the log-in screen.

Help?
ntw3001 wrote:you can't get raped if you always say yes

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:10 pm

I've had this happen a few times. Usually "Start Normally" works, but once it didn't. In that case I had to get out the Windows 7 DVD and do a "repair Windows" from there. Took freaking forever but it worked.

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Two things to try:

1) If the computer can boot to windows in safe mode (tap F8 repeatedly when booting), click start, then run, then type msconfig and hit enter. Go to the startup tab and click disable all. Then go to the services tab, put a check in the box at the bottom that says "hide all microsoft services" then hit disable all. click ok, then restart. Let the computer load into windows normally. If it loads, start reenabling your msconfig items one or two at a time. As soon as you get the same problem again, you know which startup item is causing the system to hang, and you can uninstall, repair, update, or disable as needed.

2) Option 1 probably won't work for you, but if it does, that's better than the alternatives. One of the other ones is to do a repair on your Windows. Here's the steps to do one for XP, but if your OS is not XP then the steps are probably not too different.

Here is the [sarcasm]extremely helpful[/sarcasm] Microsoft error page.
This post not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If numbness or tingling persists for more than an hour after reading, please consult a physician.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Did you mean Safemode with Command Prompt? Because I got it to Safemode and it said "Please Wait" as it...did some stuff on the screen, but once it finished the screen just went blank.

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Yeah, I meant normal Safe Mode. If there's a way to do these things from DOS, then knock yourself out with the command prompt.

My bet is that there was some damage to the hard drive, but I'm not a computer repairperson. I'm just googling things like "Computer freezes at windows startup."

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

I'll probably have to contact ASUS or Best Buy where I bought it. rtkjmhgdf

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Try reseating the RAM for the hell of it, sometimes improperly connected RAM will cause errors. Just make sure to ground yourself on something metal before touching components.
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:30 pm

EvilJekyll wrote:Try reseating the RAM for the hell of it, sometimes improperly connected RAM will cause errors. Just make sure to ground yourself on something metal before touching components.

And don't use the wrong kind of protection.

badplantmommy
Makes LOLCATS

Postby badplantmommy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:27 am

Skimba wrote:OH wow, ZP...that sucks all around.

Seconded. That really sucks! :(
Caller I.D. takes all the fun out of prank phone calls.

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Ah, too much complaining (from me).

I don't think I've talked a lot about my mom's illness here, but she has an auto-immune disease that is like lupus and so far has necessitated her being on the sort of drugs they use for cancer patients, yet she's still working full-time. Unlike chemo, though, her drugs make you gain a bunch of weight. Also, usually they cause terrible mood swings, but she's managed to keep those under control.

Because it's such a rare disease, it turns out her previous doctor had no idea how to treat it (even though she said she did) and was taking her off of the drugs too early, so now she can go on higher doses for a longer period of time or do an IV drip that will work faster and fork up her body less. The thing about the IV drip, even though it's been proven to be successful, is that it's considered "experimental" by most US insurance companies. This is because hardly anyone has the disease, so they don't make any money off the drug. So the IV drip is $40,000 to get in the US.

EvilJekyll
Wikimaster Deluxe

Postby EvilJekyll » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:47 am

CAPSAICIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN!
gif wrote:you can't stuff a coin down a stripper's g-string
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
My Site

PonderThis
Site Admin

Postby PonderThis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:54 am

EvilJekyll wrote:CAPSAICIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 pm

What is it that your mom needs JVCC? (What medication?)
kupo wrote:Everyone has "dark" inside of them unless they've swallowed a flashlight

jvcc
Impresses the Females

Postby jvcc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:35 pm

fanelian wrote:What is it that your mom needs JVCC? (What medication?)

I'm not sure, but she's done some research in addition to what her doctor told her and there are some negative side effects to that, too. I think she's resolved on the prolonged treatment.

Skimba
Impresses the Females
Location: I, Frankenstein;Bride of Frankenstein;Son of Frankenstein; Young Frankenstein;Bikini Frankenstein

Postby Skimba » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Doctor put me on iron supplements. My stomach area has been hurting/convulsing for the last two weeks. But, I'M FULL OF GOD-DAMN IRON! Apparently, this is a fairly normal reaction. :roll: :barf:
"I want potential romantic and/or sexual prospects to be vaguely reminded of John Wayne Gacy when they see me."

fanelian
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby fanelian » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:35 pm

I've been taking an iron supplement this Month, too. I have experience some discomfort, but nothing really bad.

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Skimba wrote:Doctor put me on iron supplements. My stomach area has been hurting/convulsing for the last two weeks. But, I'M FULL OF GOD-DAMN IRON! Apparently, this is a fairly normal reaction. :roll: :barf:

Do they sell SlowFE in your area? My doctor recommended that, and I haven't noticed any GI problems at all. It's a slow-release iron that's supposed to reduce those symptoms.
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Zombie Protestor

Postby Zombie Protestor » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 pm

So the city water department called my dad today (I'm guessing they couldn't get ahold of us) and notified him that our water usage had suddenly jumped and it could be a leak. So I go under the house and [gomerpyle]surprise, surprise[/gomerpyle], water is spraying out of a pipe and we have a little waterfall going on under the house and there is mud everywhere. I see a cutoff valve on the pipe, which I think is coming from the hot water heater, so I go to try to cut the water off there, but it's apparently after the pipe instead. My hands are caked with mud when I crawl back out and I start flinging it off and my wedding ring comes off with it. I can't see a thing and go to cut off the water to the house, and find my ring the second time under there.

The water department did say that if we found the leak that they would adjust our bill down, so that's a plus. And the fix shouldn't take too much in the way of funds, so there's another.

Skimba
Impresses the Females

Postby Skimba » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:03 am

loofah wrote:
Skimba wrote:Doctor put me on iron supplements. My stomach area has been hurting/convulsing for the last two weeks. But, I'M FULL OF GOD-DAMN IRON! Apparently, this is a fairly normal reaction. :roll: :barf:

Do they sell SlowFE in your area? My doctor recommended that, and I haven't noticed any GI problems at all. It's a slow-release iron that's supposed to reduce those symptoms.

I'm taking Feosol which is what the doctor prescribed. I guess I'm still getting used to it, but man some days just suck. I have to go back to the Doc in a week or so, so maybe I'll ask about the SlowFE if I'm still having difficulties. It'd be a shame though, as my bottle wouldn't be half empty and it cost me money. But thanks for the advice, I shall look into it!

loofah
Needs Your Bank Info

Postby loofah » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Skimba wrote:
loofah wrote:

I'm taking Feosol which is what the doctor prescribed. I guess I'm still getting used to it, but man some days just suck. I have to go back to the Doc in a week or so, so maybe I'll ask about the SlowFE if I'm still having difficulties. It'd be a shame though, as my bottle wouldn't be half empty and it cost me money. But thanks for the advice, I shall look into it!
If it's really upsetting your stomach, you can take it with food (although you may get decreased absorption, depending on what that food contains). On Feosol's website, they specifically state that it's not time release, so if the pill looks like you can break it in half, ask your doctor if you can take a half dose for a while.
Also, SlowFE doesn't require a prescription here (I don't know if it does in Mexico).
Saltine wrote:This is all logically consistent, but the artist does not go on to explain that you love Hitler. See, this is why logicians don't write popular music.

Return to “None of the Above”